Monday, November 15, 2010

How to make Asus K42J Input/Output Jack works in Ubuntu

The first time I installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my Asus K42J laptop, everything is so smooth and easy. The only problem is that, the output jack is not working.
This laptop has only one jack for speaker/earphone and mic. So basically, its input/output jack. I've tried to use a mic here and it works fine, so the only problem is the output.
Luckily, after a long journey in the web, I found a solution to it.
Just simply download alsa-intel-hda-optiplex-dkms_1.0.23_all.deb (just do a google search for the link) then install it in your Ubuntu box.

That's it! Asus K42J and Ubuntu 10.04 now works in harmony :)

3 comments:

  1. Did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 on my Asus K42J laptop and the good news is... There is no need to do some trick to make the Input/Output jack works. It is already supported by Ubuntu 10.10.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your sound work? I have an Asus K42j and installed Ubuntu 10.10. The annoying thing is, my sound randomly works or doesn't after each reboot. The Alsa-Mixer has the Intel-* card recognized, but not the Realtek one. Is this the problem. Been trying to find a fix for so long..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, everything works perfectly after a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10

    ReplyDelete