Sunday, January 9, 2011

How Fast is Ubuntu 10.10???

The following is the promotional video of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
See how fast does your PC boot with Ubuntu 10.10...

See how fast Ubuntu 10.10??? Believe me, it's the real thing. :D

If you're thinking that it's only true if it's freshly installed then I'll give you my testimonial.

I have my Asus K42J laptop with the following specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3 - 350M 2.27GHz
RAM: 2GB
HDD Space: 320GB
Video: ATI Radeon HD5145 1GB

Applications installed that are not included in a freshly installed Ubuntu:
- VLC Media Player
- Pidgin Internet Messenger (Empathy Internet Messaging is the default IM for Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10)
- AWN (one of the heavyweight applications during startup)
- Google Gadgets (one of the heavyweight applications during startup)
- Compiz is enabled (really affects performance because of fancy and cool desktop effects)
- Gimp
- QT4 (complete package)
- Oracle Virtual Box
- Nintendo DS Emulator
- Ubuntu Tweak
- Quanta Plus (for web site development)
- Wammu and Gammu
- Filezilla
- etc...

And also tons of Anime Videos and MP3s stored on my laptop (well I'm a little bit addicted to Japanese Anime :P ).

Boot time? I completely agree with their promotional video :)
After 10 seconds or less, I'm ready to work!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment