And maybe some of you thinks that it's possible to use Globe Tattoo in Ubuntu but needs several tweaks.
Well, all I can say is that, you can use Globe Tattoo or even SUN and SMART USB Modems in Ubuntu and it's not that complicated to setup. Just follow the following steps for you to be able to surf the internet using Globe Tattoo under your Ubuntu Linux box.
1. Plug Globe Tattoo USB device on your PC or laptop.
2. Go to System>Preferences>Network Connections.
3. On Network Connections Window, go to Mobile Broadband tab then click on Add button.
4. The New Mobile Broadband Connection wizard will appear. Follow the following:
Select the USB Device name then click Forward
Select Philippines then click Forward
Select Globe Telecom then click Forward
Select My plan is not listed... then type http.globe.com.ph for APN then click Forward
For prepaid, use http.globe.com.ph
For postpaid, use internet.globe.com.ph
A confirmation screen will appear, just click Apply
5. An edit window will appear, just provide the following information:
6. Click apply. You can now connect to the internet using Globe Tattoo. :D